Celebrate Mother’s Day with these berry delicious Lemon Berry Cheesecake Muffins. These little muffins are perfect for brunch or an afternoon snack!
- 1 – 8oz. package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup (one small container) plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup chopped strawberries
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter (chilled)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Make the cheesecake topping:
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar, egg, vanilla and lemon juice until creamy.
- Transfer to new bowl and set aside.
- Make the muffin batter:
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until combined. Set aside.
- In the bowl of the electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- Add flour to mixture and mix until combined.
- Add yogurt and mix until combined.
- Using a spatula or wooden spoon, stir in strawberries and blueberries.
- Make the Streusel:
- Add brown sugar, flour and butter to a small bowl. Use a fork to mix until mixture is crumbly
- Prep the muffin pan:
- Grease or insert paper liners into the muffin pan.
- Fill each muffin hole half full with batter (about 12 muffins).
- Top the batter with a layer of cheesecake topping.
- Sprinkle streusel on top of cheesecake topping.
- Bake muffins for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy!